Alice is a blockchain-based impact network that helps identify and scale truly effective social and environmental projects. We’re hiring a smart, diverse and dynamic team of people that are inspired by the potential of technology to tackle the world’s most intractable problems.
If you have a tech, nonprofit, impact investment or cryptoeconomics background, and want to work with a passionate team of research and data-driven social innovators, please get in touch.
About the role
We’re looking for someone who wants to apply their technical skills to tackling complex social and environmental issues, and has a strong interest in the blockchain and building decentralised applications.
- Lead the development of Alice’s smart contract infrastructure, including protocols for conditional donations, tradable impact investments, governance and data curation
- Produce high quality code that is readable, documented and tested
- Research and implement improvements in the scalability, performance and cost efficiency of chain interactions
Who we’re looking for:
- You have implemented advanced blockchain protocols consisting of multiple, interoperating smart contracts, and can use development frameworks such as Truffle
- You have a good understanding of how the EVM works and how to optimise the size of smart contracts and gas usage
- You understand the lifecycle of smart contract development (prototyping, implementation, testing and deployment)
- You pay attention to blockchain security, and have knowledge of popular attack vectors
- You have experience with developing a micro-services architecture by implementing small, modularised, interoperating components
- You’re used to working autonomously in a distributed and agile development team
- You aren’t phased by either deep technical challenges, or carrying out mundane tasks
- You frequent meet ups and are comfortable speaking to a community of developers
- You have experience contributing actively to open-source projects
- You have a strong interest in cryptoeconomics
For more information on Alice, please visit our website
, read our whitepaper
and our blog
, watch our presentations at Devcon3
, or read the coverage
about the launch of our first pilot.